The more you understand your body and how it functions, the better equipped you'll be at taking care of yourself to achieve optimal health. We've included the Patient Education section on our website to provide you with valuable, practical wellness information which you can incorporate into your lifestyle to improve the quality of your life. We hope you will turn to these pages whenever you have a question about health related issues and urge you to contact our practice at any time to make an appointment request with one of our doctors.
Patient Education Links
- Benefits of Chiropractic Care
- Chiropractic Care
- Chiropractic Research
- Educational Requirements
- Chiropractic Principles
- Common Myths
- History of Chiropractic
- Frequently Asked Questions
Podcasts: with Dr. Monique on the Tom Bradley Show
- Strong abdominal muscles may actually prevent you from incurring a back injury, since these muscles are so critical to maintaining your spine's position, as well as assisting you with lifting.
- Strong abdominals can also lower, minimize, or avoid back pain from excessive strains, help your body deal with sudden bouts of stress, and play an important role in healing after spine surgery or a debilitating back injury.
Here is a simple exercise for strengthening your abdominals:
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles and tilt your pelvis backward, pushing your lower back toward the floor.
- Hold 5 seconds, then relax.
- Do 20 repetitions.