Advanced Physical Health, Chiropractic Center
Doctor of Chiropractic Columbia, Missouri
Sports Injuries and Rehabilitation: Dr. Monique has had advanced training with chiropractic sports medicine. She serves as the team doctor for a local competitive cheerleading team, All Star Performance Institute. She treats many gymnasts and cheerleaders of all ages.
For athletes and sports related injuries, along with chiropractic techniques, she will use adjunctive treatments such as:
- Kinesiotaping: prescribed for various tissue injuries and pain relief.
- Myofascial Release: used for relief of trigger points and muscle spasms.
- Instrumentive assisted soft tissue manipulation: used to break up adhesions and restore ROM of a particular joint.
- Corrective Exercises: patients are often given simple yet effective therapeutic exercises in order to strengthen and stabilize areas of concern. Read: Posture Correction
Physiotherapy Modalities: used for pain control and muscle spasms. Passive therapies are usually involved in the early treatment stages, especially right after an injury.
- Electrotherapy: eases muscles spasm and promotes healing. Electrotherapy is a pain management technique, and as such, is part of an overall chiropractic treatment regimen.
- Intersegmental Traction: in conjunction with the adjustment, helps restore motion and hydrate the spinal discs.