Posts for tag: Neck Pain
How your chiropractors in Columbia, Missouri can relieve your neck pain
Neck pain can make it difficult to concentrate on anything else. You may have difficulty moving your head, which can affect your ability to drive and to work. Neck pain can also spread into other areas including your shoulders, arms, and head. The good news is, your chiropractor can help relieve your neck pain. The chiropractors at Advanced Physical Health in Columbia, Missouri Dr. Sylvie Carpentier, Dr. Matthew White, and Dr. Monique White offer several effective treatments for neck pain.
The first step is figuring out what may be causing your neck pain. There are several reasons why you might be suffering from neck pain. Some of the main causes include:
- Muscle strains, due to overuse from hours at your computer, using your cell phone for too long, or inclining your head for an extended period of time
- Joint problems, due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and other joint conditions involving bone spur formation
- Nerve compression, due to herniated disks, bone spurs, and other issues involving your vertebrae in your neck and spine
- Injuries, including vehicle accidents which can result in your neck being whipped around suddenly, causing whiplash
- Diseases including meningitis or cancer
For stubborn neck pain that isn’t going away on its own, the chiropractors at Advanced Physical Health offer several therapies to help you feel better. They may recommend:
- Manipulation, applying gentle pressure to affected areas to relieve tension, swelling, and pain
- Therapeutic massage, using gentle movements on neck muscles to increase range-of-motion and mobility
- Electrical Stimulation, using slight electrical pulses to reduce stiffness and increase blood flow to the muscles in your neck
If you are suffering from neck pain, you can get relief! Just call the chiropractors at Advanced Physical Health in Columbia, Missouri. Call now at (573) 446-2242 and get relief from neck pain!
A pain in the neck is nothing to joke about. Neck pain often leads to headaches, muscle stiffness and other symptoms that make getting through the day difficult. Chiropractic care offers effective relief of neck pain without drugs. Columbia, MO, chiropractors Dr. Matthew White, Dr. Monique White and Dr. Sylvie Carpentier treat neck pain at Advanced Physical Health and help their patients manage their painful symptoms.
Why do I have neck pain?
Neck pain may occur due to:
- Poor Posture: Poor posture when standing or sitting can eventually lead to neck pain. If you work sitting down, you may unwittingly adopt poor posture habits that can increase your risk of neck pain.
- Accidents: Car crashes, falls, sport injuries, and blows to the head can cause pain in the neck.
- Your Digital Habits: Spending considerable time bending your neck to look at your smartphone or tablet can cause a painful neck condition called text neck.
- Certain Conditions: Herniated discs, arthritis, spinal stenosis, and other conditions may be the source of your neck pain.
How can a visit to a Columbia chiropractor help me?
Your visit to your chiropractor starts with an examination, X-rays or other tests, and discussion of your symptoms and medical history. You'll also be asked questions about your work and hobbies, as activities you constantly perform on the job or in your spare time may cause or worsen neck pain.
Your treatment may include manipulation of your cervical spine. Using gentle pressure, your chiropractor will realign the vertebrae in your neck. Manipulation not only relieves pain, but may also improve mobility and relax muscles that have become tight due to the misalignment. Your chiropractor might also manipulate your spine as part of your treatment, as spinal alignment issues may actually be the source of your neck pain.
Manipulations aren't the only treatments chiropractors offer. Your treatment plan may also include massage to loosen tight muscles and improve blood flow, or ultrasound or electrical stimulation treatment to hasten healing, decrease pain, and reduce swelling and inflammation in your neck.
Your chiropractor may recommend exercises and lifestyle modifications that can prevent your pain from worsening or returning.
Chiropractic care can relieve your neck pain! Call Columbia, MO, chiropractors Dr. Matthew White, Dr. Monique White and Dr. Sylvie Carpentier at Advanced Physical Health at (573) 446-2242 to schedule an appointment.
Neck Pain Explained:
Find out what could be leading to your neck pain and how we can help:
While everyone will experience pain at some point during his or her lifetime, it’s amazing how even the smallest amount of pain can put a damper on your quality of life. If you are someone who has been battling neck pain, whether recently or on and off for years, then chances are good that you are looking for something that will finally provide you with the relief you need. Our chiropractors here in Columbia, MO are here to tell you the many causes of neck pain and when chiropractic care may be able to help.
As you might have guessed, there are a number of different issues that can lead to neck pain including:
- Injuries (e.g. whiplash, concussions)
- Neck strain (e.g. sleeping in an awkward position)
- Poor posture
- Herniated disc
- Pinched nerve
- Degenerative disc disease
- A viral infection
If you have neck pain you may also notice that you experience other symptoms such as migraine and or tension headaches, weakness or tingling in the arms, soreness or tenderness around the neck, neck stiffness and even throat pain. While at home, you can ice your neck, perform certain stretching exercises and avoid activities that could exacerbate your condition, it’s important that you seek proper care when necessary.
When should you consider getting chiropractic treatment? You should visit our Columbia, MO Chiropractic team of specialists if:
- You have a headache with your neck pain
- Your neck pain doesn’t improve
- Your neck pain gets worse
- You have trouble moving the neck or turning your head to the left or right
- You have difficulty looking over your shoulder in the car
- You have a history of neck pain that “comes and goes”
- Your neck pain is the result of a car accident or injury
- Your neck pain is worse in the morning but improves throughout the day
- Your neck pain radiates to the arms or down the spine and causes weakness, numbness or tingling
- You have pain, numbness or tingling in your shoulders, wrists or fingers
If your pain is due to sprain/strain, pinched nerve, herniated disc, spinal misalignment or spinal degeneration, our chiropractors can help. Chiropractic care and our techniques help improve how the discs and nerves within the neck and spine function. This can help increase blood flow to the neck, improve spinal disc movement and overall range-of-motion, dissipate headaches and tension, facilitate faster healing and even help you feel more relaxed.
If you have questions about how our chiropractic treatments could reduce pain and improve how your body functions then call Advanced Physical Health in Columbia, MO, today.