"Find out what could be leading to your musculoskeletal pain & how we can help.”
While everyone will experience pain at some point during his or her lifetime, it’s amazing how even the smallest amount of pain can put a damper on your quality of life. If you are someone who has been battling neck pain, whether recently or on and off for years, then chances are good that you are looking for something that will finally provide you with the relief you need. Our chiropractors here in Columbia, MO are here to tell you the many causes of neck pain and when chiropractic care may be able to help.
As you might have guessed, there are a number of different issues that can lead to neck pain including:
- Injuries (e.g. whiplash, concussions)
- Neck strain (e.g. sleeping in an awkward position)
- Poor posture
- Herniated disc
- Pinched nerve
- Degenerative disc disease
- A viral infection
If you have neck pain you may also notice that you experience other symptoms such as migraine and or tension headaches, weakness or tingling in the arms, soreness or tenderness around the neck, neck stiffness and even throat pain. While at home, you can ice your neck, perform certain stretching exercises and avoid activities that could exacerbate your condition, it’s important that you seek proper care when necessary.
When should you consider getting chiropractic treatment? You should visit our Columbia, MO Chiropractic team of specialists if:
- You have a headache with your neck pain
- Your neck pain doesn’t improve
- Your neck pain gets worse
- You have trouble moving the neck or turning your head to the left or right
- You have difficulty looking over your shoulder in the car
- You have a history of neck pain that “comes and goes”
- Your neck pain is the result of a car accident or injury
- Your neck pain is worse in the morning but improves throughout the day
- Your neck pain radiates to the arms or down the spine and causes weakness, numbness or tingling
- You have pain, numbness or tingling in your shoulders, wrists or fingers
If your pain is due to sprain/strain, pinched nerve, herniated disc, spinal misalignment or spinal degeneration, our chiropractors can help. Chiropractic care and our techniques help improve how the discs and nerves within the neck and spine function. This can help increase blood flow to the neck, improve spinal disc movement and overall range-of-motion, dissipate headaches and tension, facilitate faster healing and even help you feel more relaxed.
If you have questions about how our chiropractic treatments could reduce pain and improve how your body functions then call Advanced Physical Health in Columbia, MO, today.