Most people who live with chronic headaches and migraines try almost anything to get rid of them. However, are not aware that there is a passageway to treatment that doesn't involve pharmaceuticals. Here at Advanced Physical Health, P.C., in Columbia, MO, we encourage those struggling with migraine and headache symptoms to come visit us and experience our non-invasive, relief-producing chiropractic techniques. Read on to learn more!
Common Reasons for Headaches and Migraines
- Stress - The "fight or flight" response creates tension in the head.
- Hormonal changes - Shifts in estrogen may worsen a headache.
- Sensory overload - Loud sounds, strong smells, bright lights—all of these can provoke headaches and migraines.
- Certain foods and eating habits - Salty processed foods may activate both, and so can skipping meals.
- Sleep pattern - Too much or too little sleep could be a cause.
How Chiropractors Help Symptoms
As chiropractors, we undergo comprehensive training to help you in many ways. Studies have shown that patients with chronic headaches and migraines can benefit more from long-term chiropractic care as compared to drug therapy alone. Together, you and our team of chiropractors can devise a personalized treatment plan that will provide you with symptom relief.
Chiropractic care can serve as an effective preventative measure against the formation of headaches and migraines Here at Advanced Physical Health, P.C., in Columbia, MO, we use innovative approaches that include acupuncture, nutritional advice, passive therapy modalities, and chiropractic adjustments all to alleviate your discomfort.
If you are dealing with headaches and migraines, schedule a consultation here at Advanced Physical Health, P.C. in Columbia, MO to discuss treatment options. We can provide you with the right solution for your particular condition. For more information on headaches and migraines, visit our website. For questions, concerns, or to schedule an appointment, please call (573) 446-2242.