Posts for: May, 2019
How your chiropractors in Columbia, Missouri can relieve your neck pain
Neck pain can make it difficult to concentrate on anything else. You may have difficulty moving your head, which can affect your ability to drive and to work. Neck pain can also spread into other areas including your shoulders, arms, and head. The good news is, your chiropractor can help relieve your neck pain. The chiropractors at Advanced Physical Health in Columbia, Missouri Dr. Sylvie Carpentier, Dr. Matthew White, and Dr. Monique White offer several effective treatments for neck pain.
The first step is figuring out what may be causing your neck pain. There are several reasons why you might be suffering from neck pain. Some of the main causes include:
- Muscle strains, due to overuse from hours at your computer, using your cell phone for too long, or inclining your head for an extended period of time
- Joint problems, due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and other joint conditions involving bone spur formation
- Nerve compression, due to herniated disks, bone spurs, and other issues involving your vertebrae in your neck and spine
- Injuries, including vehicle accidents which can result in your neck being whipped around suddenly, causing whiplash
- Diseases including meningitis or cancer
For stubborn neck pain that isn’t going away on its own, the chiropractors at Advanced Physical Health offer several therapies to help you feel better. They may recommend:
- Manipulation, applying gentle pressure to affected areas to relieve tension, swelling, and pain
- Therapeutic massage, using gentle movements on neck muscles to increase range-of-motion and mobility
- Electrical Stimulation, using slight electrical pulses to reduce stiffness and increase blood flow to the muscles in your neck
If you are suffering from neck pain, you can get relief! Just call the chiropractors at Advanced Physical Health in Columbia, Missouri. Call now at (573) 446-2242 and get relief from neck pain!